15 seconds is all it takes to create a one-of-the-kind camera.
The Optio RS1500 comes with ten unique skins. You can also customize it yourself thanks to the five blank precut paper foils that come with the camera. This is done by loading the picture, the image or the drawing of your choice via http://chameleon.pentax.eu. The new Optio RS1500 also enables you to change the lens' ring in 2 colors, black, and orange.
Click on the banner below to discover our dedicated site, featuring:
Thanks to his 14 megapixels sensor, the PENTAX Chameleon delivers high quality pictures and well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged, you are assured of brilliant, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
The PENTAX Chameleon comes equipped with a high-performance 4x optical zoom equivalent to 27.5-110mm, covering a broad range from wide-angle to telephoto, allowing you to shoot a variety of scenes easily.
Despite its compact body, the PENTAX Chameleon features a 3'' LCD monitor with 230.000 dots, which offers absolute convenience for changing settings and checking captured images.
The PENTAX Chameleon features the new-generation Auto Picture mode, which automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode and optimizes various camera settings, to assure beautiful and sharp pictures.
PENTAX Chameleon allows you to capture beautiful movie clips in 720p HDTV proportions. Then you can enjoy colourful, well-detailed movies on a HD screen. During movie recording, Shake Reduction prevents blurry images by digitally minimizing camera shake.
Making wonderful pictures has never been so easy, thanks to the Face Detection function, which automatically detects up to 10 subject's faces and keeps them in sharp focus and optimum exposure. Discover the Smile Capture mode, which automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject's smile.
The PENTAX Chameleon offers 9 different digital filters, including Toy Camera, Retro and Sepia, to add various visual effects to recorded images without requiring a computer.
(1) Digital Blur Removal function to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting.
(2) Burst Shooting at a speed of 16 images in two seconds (fixed at 640 x 480 pixels).
(3) Auto-tracking Autofocus mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject.
(4) Digital Panorama mode to effortlessly create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images.
(5) Green mode to automatically optimize exposure and sensitivity settings for a given subject or scene.
(6) Frame Composite function (with 20 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames.
(7) Media Impression for PENTAX software for image viewing, editing and filing applications (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6).
Launch date: March 21st, 2011
In the box: