1. PENTAX products purchased from the official distribution channels are guaranteed by PENTAX RICOH IMAGING FRANCE S.A.S. authorized distributors and service centres for a period of one year from the date of original purchase in connection with any defects in materials and/or workmanship.
2. This Warranty is limited to the repair of defects in material and/or workmanship. This will be provided free of charge by the service centre approved by PENTAX as shown in the list of the PENTAX Worldwide Network of Service Centres enclosed with the purchased product. However, the cost of insurance handling, transportation and other costs in relation to the repair work must be borne by the owner of the product. (Note: PENTAX will not assume the responsibility for damages or loss encountered in transit, but will assist in processing any claims whenever possible.)
3. To validate the European Warranty Card, you are requested to complete all the necessary information (purchaser’s name and address, country of purchase, model name and serial number), and ensure that the Warranty Card is dated and stamped,or signed by the dealer or supplier. When the European Warranty service is required, present this card together with a copy of your proof of purchase receipt and take or send them to the designated PENTAX Service Centre in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the CIS countries. It is recommended to present the original receipt as proof of purchase.
4. This Warranty is not valid if the defect or malfunction was caused by damage resulting from operation of the product contrary to instructions contained in the user manual or any misuse or abuse of the product. Also, this Warranty does not cover any defect that has occurred as a result of any modification or servicing performed by anyone other than the designated Pentax Service Centre.
Removable batteries and damage caused by leakage of those batteries are not covered by this Warranty. Routine cleaning and normal cosmetic and mechanical wear are not covered under the terms of this Warranty. PENTAX shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damage (such as ruined film, processing, battery failure or digital memory erasure etc.) resulting from any breach of warranty, expressed or implied, applicable to this product.
5. No refunds will made on repairs performed by un-designated service centres.
6. This Warranty Card will not be re-issued. This is your copy. Please keep it along with your original or copy of the purchase receipt when travelling abroad.
7. This Warranty applies only to photographic cameras, lenses, accessories, binoculars and digital cameras.
European Community only
This Warranty does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under the applicable national law in force, nor the consumer’s right against the retailer arising from the sales/purchase contract.