Outstanding 26x optical zoom
PENTAX X90 features a high-magnification optical zoom offering a focal-length coverage between 26mm wide angle to 676mm super telephoto (in 35mm format).
The X90 incorporates the PENTAX sensor-shift Shake Reduction system to assure sharply focused, blur-free images even under demanding photographic conditions.
Thanks to Movie Shake Reduction mode, enjoy HD 720p, blur-free movies. The X90 is equipped with an HDMI-micro output, allowing you to enjoy your own movies on a HD TV monitor.
In addition to the Auto Exposure mode, which automatically selects the optimal combination of aperture and shutter speed, the X90 also offers Aperture-Priority AE, Shutter-Priority AE and Metered Manual modes to let you express your personal style.
The X90 features the advanced Auto Picture mode, which automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode from Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Flower, Sport or Standard modes. The X90 also automatically switches the camera’s focus range to macro in close-range applications.
The X90 offers a large array of digital filters (Sepia, Black & White, Extract Colour, Colour enhancement, Toy Camera, Retro, Soft, Fish-eye, etc...), to let you easily create outstanding pictures.
The X90 features the Face Detection function, which keep faces in sharp focus and best exposure. The Smile Capture function automatically releases the shutter the instant it detects the subject’s smile, whereas Blinking Detection function warns you when the subject’s eyes close.
The X90’s battery life is approximately 50 percent longer than predecessor model. This allows you to record approximately 255 pictures with a single recharge of the battery.
Allows the photographer to capture close-up images of a subject from just one centimeter away.
Equippped with a diopter adjustment mechanism, X90's electronic viewfinder provides a clear view of the subject and in-finder indications, allowing you to enjoy shooting more comfortably.
1) The Burst shooting at a maximum speed of approximately 11 images per second at 5 Megapixel setting to capture decisive moments
2) Choice of image format: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 or 1:1 proportions
3) Large 2.7-inch color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots, treated with AR (Anti-Reflection) coating to minimize reflections
4) Shooting mode palette for easy selection of a desired shooting mode from 20 different options, including a new Baby mode programmed to capture the healthy, lively face of a baby
5) D-Range setting to minimize excessively overexposed and underexposed areas in the image
6) MediaImpression 2.0 for PENTAX image viewing, editing and filing software included (compatible with latest operation systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
7) Compatibility with Eye-Fi wireless LAN SD memory cards