A sophisticated digital compact camera, whose design is inspired by Japanese lifestyle trends
The Optio H90 sports a simple, extremely functional design, with extensive use of straight lines and easy-to-push round control buttons efficiently positioned for easy access. To achieve the unparalleled functional beauty in the Optio H90, PENTAX paid the utmost attention to every detail in design, material and finish.
Combining a 12.1 megapixels sensor to a high performance PENTAX zoom lens, the Optio H90 delivers high-quality images with sharp details and faithfull colour reproduction.
Optical 5X zoom lens and 2.7'' LCD screen
The Optio H90 features a wide-angle 5x zoom lens equivalent to 28-140mm in 35mm format, allowing you to handle breathtaking landscapes as well as group shots in a confined space. The high resolution 2.7'' LCD screen (230.000 dots) offers absolute convenience not only to view captured images but also to make camera settings
The Optio H90 captures beautiful, flawless movie clips at HD-TV proportions (720p) at 30 frames per second.
This mode also offers a variety of editing functions: still images can be extracted from movie clips, and title images can be added to the beginning and/or end of a movie clip.
The Optio H90 features a new-generation Face Detection function, which instantly detects up to 32 faces in the image field, then catches them in sharp focus and in optimum exposure. You can program the camera to automatically release the shutter when the subject’s face turns straight toward the camera.
The Optio H90 is compatible with the Eye-Fi wireless memory cards. These Wi-Fi cards automatically transfer pictures from your camera to your computer, without the use of any cable.
Enjoy Optio H90's 9 digital filters and add various visual effects to recorded images without the need for a computer. In addition to the conventional Monochrome and Sepia filters, the Optio H90 offers the following filters: Extract colour, Colour enhancement, Toy camera, Retro, Soft and Brightness.
You can even apply multiple filters to a single image.
1) Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) mode to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting
2) Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of one of eight shooting modes for optimum results
3) Digital filters, including Toy Camera and Retro, to add distinctive visual effects to recorded images
4) D-Range setting to prevent whitewashed (overexposed) and blacked-out (underexposed) areas in an image
5) Auto-tracking AF mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject
6) Digital Panorama mode to create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
7) Digital Wide function to compose an extra-wide-angle picture (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 21mm lens in 35mm format) from two images
8) Frame Composite function (with 90 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
9) Image Recovery function to recover accidentally erased images
10) MediaImpression 2.0 for PENTAX software for image viewing, editing and filing (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
11) Eye-Fi connected: optimized for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards